Organizational alignment is a foundation on which focused, committed, and engaged leaders can stand. This ensures the highest probability of creating a service minded culture – where people at all levels quickly eliminate the gap that often exists between strategy (what we say) and execution (what we do). This cultural effect permeates all the individual and team strategies as well as affiliate entities that are a part of the overall plan. Growing an organizational culture that includes change as a core competency will naturally foster growth.
The better the alignment – the better the growth.
Development of Best Practice and Procedures Manuals
The best practices and procedures manuals are the blueprints for “what’s so” in your organization right now. A thorough assessment and cataloguing of how you do what you do to create your current success is a stepping stone to creating long term success. Almost every issue that arises in an organization can be boiled down to three questions:
- Is it a people problem?
- Is it a process problem?
- Or, is it both?
These manuals lay out the blue prints, form the foundation for the training, and highlight the efficiencies or inefficiencies of the current processes. Once created, they become an ongoing tool for the management and team to use for communication, reorganization, reassessment, and retooling of the processes and procedures that make good companies great.
Development of an Internal Training Department
- Who should develop an internal training department?
- When are you large enough as an organization to create one?
- What would be the benefits?
- Where are the opportunities to make it a profit center?
- Where can the costs be diverted from?
- How long does the process take?
- The age of technology has given organizations the opportunity to customize their own training programs saving time, energy, and money spent on generic training.
- Even when effective outside programs are purchased or guest trainers are brought in, the training can be filmed and integrated into your training library and system.
- We guide you step by step, painlessly through this process for a fraction of the cost of hiring and rehiring poorly trained employees. In addition, you can create your own in house leadership/management development program, using the same tools purchased for the training department..
- Yes, that’s right! Your training department becomes a retention tool, giving you experienced, well trained team members who stay and play within your organization.
Formation of an Efficient and Effective Management Group
The creation of an effective management group for multi-entity organizations is one of the most important steps in the evolution of the ownership, as well as the organization. What makes individual entities successful can, actually be an impediment to the evolution of the organization as a whole. Ego issues and business culture differences within organizations are either baggage that we carry or fuel to carry the organization to the next level of success. Wizdom at Work has painstakingly worked with owners and owner groups to create powerful shifts in management styles, and the cultures of fragmented organizations. This increases the potential to create a management group that synergizes the resources, leverages the human assets, and magnifies the purchasing power and cost effectiveness of the entire organization.
The benefits of making this gutsy move within your organization are sevenfold:
- Resource management
- Cost effectiveness in purchasing
- Centralized control of budgets
- Maximizing the human resources
- Cross marketing
- Training coordination
- Getting your arms around the entire organization
Organizational Change Dynamics and Strategies
Managing the logistics of change as well as the expectations of your team are key factors in any strategy for change. The communication system and the structure of the change as well as who is on board on your team are the first steps to making change a catalyst for growth versus a source of fear in your organization.
Wizdom at Work offers several programs to assist your organization through the evolutionary cycles and change dynamics of your business. Whether you require a team to develop the strategy or assistance in making it flow smoothly, we have over 70 years of experience in helping individuals and organizations make change work!
Successful Team Building
A Team is a living organism Managers and Organizational Development professionals have devoted enormous efforts to develop healthy, effective teams and to help team members work smoothly together. Two key points in team development are cohesiveness and communication. The goals for team building should not end at success. It is often the success of building the team that signals the beginning of the decay process. Wizdom at Work focuses on the team building of today as well as managing the success of the teams of tomorrow.
Assembling, assessing, training, and mobilizing powerful teams is a trademark of great organizations. Creating the alignment amongst members of the team is just as important as aligning the team with the organizational vision.
Team building is more than motivating teams and improving performance. It is a science and the investment in building effective teams pays off in bottom line dividends. There is no doubt that retreats, seminars, game playing, etc. are important, however, team building begins with a blueprint, foundation and engineering. The science of team building integrates the following:
- Data collection
- What we do with the data
- Recognition and reward
- Project teams versus executive teams